Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Why cant i sleep?

I met this girl in school... and whilst we were friends, we had our respective girlfriend and boyfriend. We were friends... and the 4 of us formed a project group... fast forward 6 mths...we got our diplomas and moved on with our lives. I started work in the family business and she interned before going back for her degree.

Me and my then gf were having problems and i wanted to end things... she came to me and told me that my ex had already gotten a new boyfriend (while trying to patch things up with me)... and that i should move on. I did.

From that incident, i thought she was a righteous person... we celebrated our birthday together and realized being around each other felt so right... shouldn't we be together as an item. We did... and for almost 4 years, we dated exclusively and despite my incessant traveling for work... my time consuming passions for music and photography - we were in love and most importantly... we were happy.

I was beside her every step of the way.... i watched her graduate... land her first job... go through 6 mths of probation and officially start work - my plan of waiting to see if she would change into a different person during her student/working adult transition seemed moot.

When i thought to myself earlier this year... about marriage and whether she was the one. I actually concluded, yes she was.
Little did i know... whilst being with me... she had been chatted up by a rather suave and promising young man (other then me)
...she developed feelings for him and hid them from me...

Long story short, they are together now... the guy blogs about how much he loves her... and i am secretly happy for them. She may have turned out to be a really long mistake... but i do know people who have undergone far worse - as my friends say... i should be glad i found out before i married her. I am.

Here i am sitting alone in a hotel room in causeway bay... thinking about stuff i know i should have let go. Thinking about how its gonna be next time i fall in love... how i am going to ensure i am happier then before...
Its hard to fall asleep with all this in my head.

Maybe if i store it in cyberspace. My mind can find peace.
I think if i put it out there... it cant find its way back to me.

Min.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is things like this that open up your eyes to the ones who deserve you more. I know how it feels, I've done long-distance before.

Anonymous said...

when she was telling you tales behind her friend's back, you would have known what sort of woman she is.